Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspots and images

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to bring images into my Hotspots for a Quiz but I'm running into trouble (obviously). First of all, I can't figure out how to just put an image into a hotspot. Thinking this might not be possible, I just imported an image hoping to set it over the same area as the hotspot, yet when I import an image it is placed behind the slide background! I can't figure out how to pull it forward. If there is a solution to either of these questions, the help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In hotspot questions you don't place the image IN the hotspot.  You place it BEHIND the hotspot.   By default, the hotspot is always on the top level so that it will detect where the user clicks, but it (and all the other elements of a typical Captivate question slide) are actually on hidden timeline layers that you have no access to.  You cannot change the order of these hidden layers. So anything you place on a Hotspot quiz slide will always be underneath/behind the hotspots.

In reality, a hotspot is just a special kind of click box element, one that Captivate has set up for quiz slides.  (You cannot add normal click boxes to quiz slides because they are interactive elements.) 

If you are having issues with the slide background being on a higher layer level than your inserted graphics, my first hunch is that maybe you're using Master Slides as your background and you've set the master slide elements to be on top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just deselected the "Use Master Slide Background" Option which still retained the background and allowed the images to come up on top again. So all is well Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, sorry was looking for some answers re hotspots and saw your reply. Is there a workaround to place hotspot animation behind other elements (like shapes or correct answers etc). The problem is that they're always on top and cause problems with slide layout - we have to accommodate the requirement not to place anything on top of hotspots.

I know we can create custom hotspot animation but can we do something at the stage of creating these custom hotpots?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to have another object on a layer higher than the Hotspot animation on a Hotspot quiz question slide.  Sorry.  As far as I know this is by design with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fine, thanks for your quick reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources