• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New OS X malware masquerades as flash upgrade

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new mac os x trojan which tricks the user by posing as a flash upgrade.  I downloaded a file which may be the trojan last week.  It is called install_flash_player_osx_intel.dmg, and it is size 6,376,888 bytes.  Today I went to get.adobe.com manually and downloaded the legitimate install_flash_player_osx_intel.dmg, and it is size 6,365,350 bytes.

I also acquired an application last Wednesday at the same time as the install_flash_player_osx_intel.dmg appeared, called 'Adobe Flash Player Install Manager' in my /Applications/Utilities directory.

Is the 6,376,888 bytes file legit?  Is '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager' legit?  Is there any published hash values for adobe software or other tools to ensure that what users download is the real software?

(Is everyone -- like me -- who turned on the 'Check for updates automatically' in the Flash pane of System Preferences a complete fool?  Ok, I know the answer to that.  *sigh*)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>  Is '/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager' legit?

Using flashplayer11_rc1_install_mac_090611.dmg from Adobe, Install Adobe Flash Player.app does write to that path. Here's an fseventer view of things:

2011-09-30 11.41.29 screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines