9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 8:58 AM by FlexDevil101

Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working

FlexDevil101

For some reason, the Design view has stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice with no luck restoring it. All I see is a blank page when switching from Source to Design view. Source view works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
          gajanan hiroji

hello..

on which browser your running the appication???

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- -----------------------

Gajanan Hiroji | hgajanan@isacweb.com | www.isacglobal.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- -----------------------

• 2. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
            gajanan hiroji Level 1

if your using the mozilla browser then close the mozilla browser. then try the design view .you will see the design view.

i dont know wat is the reason behind this but i was having the same problem then i started running my application on IE dont open the mozilla browser only.

to change the the default browser go to Windows->preperances->general->web browser and choose the browser and say ok.

• 3. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
              Amy Blankenship Level 4

Are you getting any warnings? Which SDK are you using?

• 4. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                FlexDevil101 Level 1

Hello Amy,

No, there aren't any error messages, and the project I'm working on is using SDK 3.2. I've been developing for 2 years on this system, and have never had this happen. I created a new windows user, and logged in as that account, and the design view works again, so it must be some problem in a settings file somewhere that is buried. I've uninstalled Flex, nuked the folders I can find, and reinstalled twice, and the same issue persists.

I went through the Preferences and reset everything to default settings, and that didn't fix the issue. When I switch from Source to Design view, the Components show up, but the Flex Properties window says "This panel only available in Design Mode.", and none of the Components are draggable to the Design view. Very strange!

• 5. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                  gajanan hiroji Level 1

Hello Devil have you tried what i said you????

• 6. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                    FlexDevil101 Level 1

Hello Gajanan,

I do have Firefox installed, but I do my Flex Dev in Internet Explorer, because the Flex debugger is very unstable with Firefox, whereas it is quite stable in IE. This just started happening a day or 2 ago, and I have no idea why. I can't recall Flex Builder crashing, so I have no idea what caused it.

• 7. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                      StefanosSherif

Realize this thread is a bit outdated now, but I had a similar problem and I believe I solved it by reinstalling my debugger version of Flash player. I actually downgraded from 11.1 to 10.3 on an Intel Mac. The problem getting fixed might always have been a weird conincidence... such things have happened before.

• 8. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                        FlexDevil101 Level 1

Thanks, I still haven't found a resolution. I will try out your suggestion, and report back if it solves my issue too.

• 9. Re: Flex Builder 3 Design View Not Working
                          FlexDevil101 Level 1

Hmm, interestingly enough, I have upgraded my debugger version of Flash player since writing the original post, and it appears my design view works again! I have gotten so used to working is solely the Source view that I haven't bothered to try switching to Design view until recieving your reply. I'm betting it was a similar issue as yours with a specific version of the debugger player. It's nice to have access to design view when you want a quick look at a view. I'll mark this one as answered, thanks!