5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 10:51 AM by Jim Curtis

Pr Export Yes; AME No

Jim Curtis Level 3

I can export FLV out of Pr 5.5 just fine.  But, when I drag my 12 Sequences into AME 5.5.1, and select the exact same preset, the render fails with the sheep sound, and an "Encode Failed" message from AME.  Or sometimes, AME just sits there and does nothing at all except show a progress bar that never moves.

Isn't the same encoding engine at work on both apps?  Why would AME fail where Pr has no problems?

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

MacPro3,1, 10.6.8, etc.

• 1. Re: Pr Export Yes; AME No
          Colin Brougham Level 6

What happens when you try one sequence in AME?

• 2. Re: Pr Export Yes; AME No
            lasvideo Level 4

I got the sheep sound when try to use the new Cineform codec with AME. I laughed for a while after the inital shock

• 3. Re: Pr Export Yes; AME No
              Jim Curtis Level 3

I had this familiar feeling... Deja Vu all over again.  It occurred to me that there seem to be some bugs that are cleared up by a reboot of the computer.   I did that, and now it's working.  I think the issue is in the Dynamic Link Server.  I wasn't getting the message in AME before I rebooted that AME was connecting to it.  After the reboot, that came up, and then the Exporting commenced.

I'm now starting to think that upgrading to Lion may be a good idea.  I often have most of the CS5.5 apps running simultaneously - AE, Pr, Br, AME, PS and AI.  Having the ability to reboot and restore all those apps would be a real time-saver.  Espectially since the CS5.5 suite seems to like rebooting to get all the apps to talk to one another.

• 4. Re: Pr Export Yes; AME No
                Colin Brougham Level 6

There are some outstanding... issues... when sending Pr sequences to AME. Over on the AME forum, there are a few long discussions about this very thing. I've had problems myself. Sometimes, the queue will hum along like nothing's wrong, and other times, it won't even finish the first file in the queue. It's maddening, to say the least.

The AME team is having problems replicating it in-house (which seems insane, since there are widespread accounts of this), but there are so many variables that I suppose its plausible. All we can do is file bug reports on it again and again and hope that at some point, the issue is revealed and repaired.

• 5. Re: Pr Export Yes; AME No
                  Jim Curtis Level 3

That's interesting to hear, Colin.   I had 12 Sequences in my AME Queue, and 10 of them exported just fine, but two failed.  I just exported the second failed Sequence in Pr without a hitch (and without a reboot).  I do hope they can get this fixed.  Having to reboot every hour is like being on OS9 again.