2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 6:11 AM by Mike Peterson RSS

services-config best practices for ADEP

Mike Britton

I need to establish a services-config.xml to connect to LCDS from my ADEP project.  Are there any best practices I should be aware of with respect to ADEP / LCDS interaction in this regard?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: services-config best practices for ADEP
          Mike Britton Community Member

I guess I should have titled this "channelset-config setup instructions".  I need to know how to do this.  I have the endpoint URL to my service...so where do I add it and how do I connect to it?

Thanks in advance!

• 2. Re: services-config best practices for ADEP
            Mike Peterson Community Member

Hi Mike. You can use the CRXDE Lite editor to modify the services-config.xml file for a Data Services application deployed to the Experience Server.

When you are in CRXDE Lite, navigate to:

Open the services-config.xml, make your changes, and click the Save All button.

After that, when you create a new "Flex for ADEP Experience Services" project in Flash Builder, the channelset-config information will be copied from the services-config.xml file into a channelset-config.xml file that gets added to the dataservices directory of your Flex project and is also added to the mxmlc compiler options for your project.