I hope someone can give me some guidance with my problem. Also, I'm using IE9. Thanks.
I'd recommend trying the following steps:
1. Download the stand alone uninstaller
2. Close all your browser windows
3. Run the uninstaller
4. Restart your computer
5. Delete the following folder, depending on your operating system type:
- Windows 32bit - c:\Windows\system32\macromed
- Windows 64bit - c:\windows\syswow64\macromed
6. Download and install Flash Player located here:
Thanks for the help. A couple of questions:
The uninstaller you mentioned is also referenced in the instructions found here:
Those instructions say "Note: Use these instructions for either prerelease or release versions of Flash Player 10.2."
but since I have 10.3.xxx, I'm not sure if I should use them or just use Windows Uninstall thru the controll panel. Can you advise on which one is best for me?
It should be the same. I think our docs just need to be updated.
OK, Thanks. I will follow your instructions and then follow up with the results.
OK, it looks like its all fixed. I did the uninstall via windows uninstall programs in the control panel. As an added caution I turned off the firewall and MSE protections before running the installer. Everything went smoothly. Thanks.