5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 9:11 AM by ChristyGTWE

Browse Sequences

curtains26@yahoo.com Level 1

Hi, I'm usine RoboHelp HTML 9, and I'm having trouble displaying the browse sequences in when I complile the WebHelp project.  I Auto-created the Browse sequences using my TOC.  When I compile and "View Results" I don't see the previous and next topic arrows.  The TOC is there along with the Contents, Index, and Search buttons.  Just the little left and right arrows are missing.  Any troubleshooting suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Browse Sequences
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

You need to enable them in your Single Source Layout recipe.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

• 2. Re: Browse Sequences
            curtains26@yahoo.com Level 1

Great!  Thank you very much!

• 3. Re: Browse Sequences
              ChristyGTWE

I came across the same problem today using RoboHelp 9 for my second day on a Windows 7 machine. The solution is two-fold...

1) First you have to select the Enable Browse Sequence check box (as Rick posted above). This just displays the browse buttons on the web help page.

2) Second, you must go back into the WebHelp settings (right-click over it in the Single Source Layouts) and select Content<Default>, then select the check boxes of the browse sequences that you want enabled in the project!

RoboHelpBrowseSequences01.png

That second step allowed me to get the browse sequence buttons to actually work, once I re-generated the project.  I happened to stumble upon this option by accident, but was actually appalled that such an option could be buried on a separate dialog. I don't recall this option being in previous versions of RoboHelp!

Feature Request: Perhaps the default for the option can be set to select all existing browse sequences so that users don't have to run across this problem. It was very annoying for me!

regards,

ChristyG

• 4. Re: Browse Sequences
                Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Christy

Did your project begin life in an earlier version of RoboHelp? If so, that may explain why Browse Sequences seemed to fail for you.

Are you exploiting the Content Categories feature of version 9? If so, that also may explain things.

Indeed RoboHelp 9 brings new wrinkles to the mix with the whole Content Categories feature. New capabilities are added.

Think of the option you see in the Navigation section as being like the master breaker in your house. You can enable or disable things globally there. And when you define different Content Categories, you may want Browse Sequences for one category but not want them for another. Or you may have defined multiple sequences and you wish to assign a different one to each category.

I created a project from scratch and of course it didn't have a Browse Sequence. Therefore the option wasn't even available for me to turn it on. I defined a Browse Sequence and the option was enabled when I looked. I also looked in the Content Category and it was enabled there as well. This seems to suggest you either upgraded an older project and things weren't quite set as you would have expected or that someone has been playing with the settings and experimenting without fully realizing what the settings actually do or how they may interact.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

• 5. Re: Browse Sequences
                  ChristyGTWE Level 1

Thanks Rick...

I was creating a new project, but using a *.CSS file and the skins from an older (RoboHelp 6) project. I'm not even sure how to use the Content Categories feature, but I was just looking at the properties to see what they were about. (I'm glad I found that check box to make my browse sequences work! )

regards,

ChristyGTWE