• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This would be hilarious if it didn't cause so much end user rage…

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1 - Attempt to download latest system-wide Flash Player update for Mac OS from the Chrome browser.

Results: Can't be done. 'Cause Chrome uses a different plug-in and all end users are feeble minded children who must be kept in a box.

Step 2 - Launch Safari and download latest Flash Player update that way instead.

Step 3 - Quit Safari and try and install latest Flash Player update.

Results: Can't be done! Because Chrome is still running! LOLWUT?! But I thought you said Chrome had a different plug-in?

Seriously, why can no two people at Adobe seem to work together. Are you guys really surprised that people are desparately trying to move away from your plug-in? And this comes from someone developing Flash multimedia stuff for a living.

http://i.imgur.com/52V8I.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean, this is frustrating for me too.  I've never asked why this is happening but I'll shoot an email over to the installer folks to see if they can give me the low down.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seven months later and TWO FULL YEARS after Google Chrome started bundling their own version of Chrome, I get autoprompted to update to the latest Flash 11.2…

http://i.imgur.com/yOSuB.png

Can we please stop the madness now? Can someone go in and delete the stupid [Cc][Hh][Rr][Oo][Mm][Ee] string from the list of forbidden apps? That's gotta be like… 5 minutes of work?

Thanks in advance…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines