5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 7:23 PM by eplrsenm

Loading thumbnail image

eplrsenm

Hello,

Ofcourse i'm new like everyone always says on there first blog. I'm having a little trouble with the puzzle game that I got from this adobe site http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/puzzle_game_sample.html. I can change the images and even the number of pieces. When I create a puzzle with a large amount of pieces you can't really tell what the whole image is suppose to look like.  So what I would like to do is after the image is loaded and put in the listener, create a small version of that same image so the user can now know what the image should look it.  Like i said i'm new so i have no clue where to start to make this happen.  Thanks for your time.   

• 1. Re: Loading thumbnail image
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As soon as you load the image, you have it available to use.  You could immediately plant the imge in an empty movieclip and it will be displayed.  If you scale down that movieclip, then the image that you load into it will be scaled down as well.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Loading thumbnail image
            eplrsenm Level 1

Ned thanks for the info, but could you provide a little code, that would be great. Thanks

• 3. Re: Loading thumbnail image
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You already have a bunch of code.  What you need to do is understand it.  Then you can see about manipulating it.  You should be able to find where you are loading an image in your code and then load that image into an empty movieclip.  If you could show the code you are working with, someone might be able to help you along.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Loading thumbnail image
                eplrsenm Level 1

Good to go Ned.  I started by add these to lines on code and was able to get the image to display. Now i have to figure out how to move and shrink it.

I copied the first listener.onLoadInit and changed it to imageclip2.

}

listener.onLoadInit = function(imageClip2:MovieClip):Void {

Then I copied and modified this line imageClip._visible = false;

and changed it to imageClip2._visible = true;

So the question is am I on the right path or would you implement it different.  Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Loading thumbnail image
                  eplrsenm Level 1

Ok i think i figured out the rest for positon and scale. here is what I put. It sems to work.

imageClip2._y = 400;

imageClip2._x = 450;

imageClip2._xscale = 50;

imageClip2._yscale = 50;

Thanks again Ned for pointing me in the right direction.