1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2011 12:58 PM by Steve Grisetti

Stuck on formatting for YouTube, Premiere 10 user

elvideo123

Hi all.  I upgrade to Elements 10 from 7 now that is seems to have more ways of formatting the video out of avi for YouTube.

I have a simple DV old camcorder capturing in widescreen.  I make my video and that's all fine but when I chose Share to create the movie for YouTube I've been picking Computer, MPEG, and trying several of the options.  Problem is no matter what I upload it seems there is always a black rectangle on youtube and my video does not fill the entire space.

So my question is what format should I use for exporting?  or am I doing something wrong?  If I want to show large resolutions on YouTube should I get an HDV camcorder?  Or I am I capturing from my old DV camcorder improperly?

I've tried lots of export options and uploaded to youtube and it doesn't fly, it gets cropped out but the picture looks a little better from past software I used.  I am trying to get the video to look better, but I don't know if it's because I am not exporting the video properly, not taking advantage of proper conversions, or I need a better camera.

Any help would be much appreciated.

THanks! 

• 1. Re: Stuck on formatting for YouTube, Premiere 10 user
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You definitely should not be loading an MPEG to YouTube. That's probably the least efficient option to use.

Version 10 has a very nice option to load directly from the program to YouTube. You'll find it as an option under Share/Online.

You can also use Share/Computer/AVCHD and select the standard definition YouTube preset to create an MP4 that you can then manually upload to YouTube.

1 person found this helpful