6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 12:50 AM by aishaverma RSS

Adobe Captivate 'Not Responding' when properties tab is used.

TFreelander Community Member

Thought I'd share my revelation with you all in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I have just spent the past 2 days trying to figure out why Adobe Captivate 5.5 freezes whenever I try to use most of the options in the properties tab. I have a fairly robust system running windows 7 x64, incorporating a quad core processor, 8gb ram and 2 x 8gb graphics cards. I had tried everything including a complete re-instalation of all my Adobe software, only to discover that I have been a bit daft.

You see, eventually, I came to realise that it only froze when I was trying to adjust the properties of objects that had text in them. Upon checking my 'Fonts' folder I realised that I had over 4000 fonts installed. Initially I tried hiding all but the system fonts but this seemed to achieve nothing so I moved all of the non-system fonts to another folder and 'Hey Presto' Adobe Captivate now works like a dream.

Don't know why it froze when I tried to adjust any of the properties (not just the font) but it did. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to manage all of my fonts.