3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 3:39 AM by coolamazer11

How To Replace Text With video?

coolamazer11

Hi,

I purchased this template for AE http://videohive.net/item/commercial-plan/109232

Everything is fine except importing video into it.

If you take a look at the video preview, there is an option to place 4 images/videos in the template. However, when I tried to import video, it does not show up. I tried right clicking on the asset panel and then replacing the existing file with my video. No luck.

The video I tried to import is MP4 Video (in .m4v format).

Also the MP3 file I tried to import does not play in the file after rendering.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How To Replace Text With video?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of AE do you have. Earlier versions had problems with MP4 video. It's always best to transcode highly compressed sources before you start manipulating video.

Somewhere in that template there's place holder video or a place holder layer. You must find the original footage layer not the pre-comp, not the nested comp. Once there all you have to do is select that place holder layer in the timeline then select your new video in the Project Panel and hold down the Alt/Option key and drag to the timeline. The footage will be replaced.

• 2. Re: How To Replace Text With video?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What Rick said - older versions of AE may not at all be able to handle the source formats you mentioned and even in CS5.5 not every source is guaranteed to work. There are just too many flavors of MPEG 4 and e.g. many photo cameras that also record video produce out-of-spec files that AE has no handle on. Likewise, specific sub-sets of MP3 may contain DRM protection, multiple channels and whatnot, all of which may also not go down well with AE...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How To Replace Text With video?
              coolamazer11 Level 1

Well it worked. I encoded the file to MP4 using adobe media encoder and that worked. I previously used handbrake to encode to MP4.

Thank you all