6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 1:29 AM by 44myscreen44

Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10

kemeno

I try to install the new flash player but it won't initialize. The only thing that happens at all is a little yellow exclamation point pops up under my cursor for about a second and then goes away. I have tried everything from the troubleshooting provided but nothing seems to work. I do not get an error message of any kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
          pwillener Level 8

Download the installer from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580

If you still need help, please give us your system specs.

• 2. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
            44myscreen44

After many tries of downloading the Flash 10.3.183.10 (after deleting the one that worked before) I tried to download this installer.  As with about 5 previous downleads I get to the red Adobe 'box', click on it, it asks me either Quit or Install, BUT Install is Grayed out. I'm a not completely hip to gargon, but think I've done what I can.  Please, can someone help me  in a simple but step-by-step way to get back to using any Adobe Flash, so I can continue working?

I use Safari and Firefox. Mac OS 10.6.8.  Thanks

• 3. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
              pwillener Level 8

You have to tick the checkbox left of "I have read and agree..." before the INSTALL button is activated.

FP11ip.PNG

• 4. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
                44myscreen44 Level 1

First: many thanks, since now I can read Flash content on Firefox.  For any interested, here is the sequence I followed:

Installing latest version Adobe Flash Player on a Mac.

For Firefox and Safari, assure you have the current versions, as well as the latest updates of OS 10.n.n

For Firefox:

Go to Adobe.com and navigate to the Flash Player free download.  Click to download and save to your location choice.

Open it: you get a window with the Flash ‘box’ labeled ‘Install Adobe Flash Player’. 

Double click: then click ‘Open’

You get the ‘Adobe Flash Player 10.3 installer’ window.

read the license and THEN,

Click in the gray box to the left of ‘I have read . . .’

Click the ‘INSTALL’ button, and follow the prompts.

This was successful for Firefox.

BUT, still not working on Safari.  Please, help. Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
                  pwillener Level 8

Now this is a completely different problem from the original post.  Could you please start a new topic with all details, including the meaning of "not working" (what exactly do you see on Safari?).

• 6. Re: Having Trouble Installing Flash 10.3.183.10
                    44myscreen44 Level 1

First, thanks for leading me to start a new topic.  I did, as:

"How can I make current Adobe Flash Player work with Safari on Mac?

History: I deleted the older version of Adobe Flash Player on my MacbookPro OS 10.6.8, and I then assured that all updates were current for browsers and OS.

I then downloaded current Adobe Flash Player ( . . .183 . . .) which now works within Firefox: BUT not in Safari.

So what do I need to do to have it work on Safari?"

Sorry, but I didn't include specifics of 'what was not working'.  It was that there was no flash content at all, not even a quote that a 'plug-in was missing'.  Only blank space where the flash player should be.