2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2011 10:47 PM by nimazz

Can I install adobe indesign CS 5.5 in Windows 2005 server?

nimazz

Hello,

I want to install Adobe CS 5.5 (actuall I will use only Indesign) in Windows 2003. (failing that, in windows 2005 server)

1. Is there a way to install CS 5.5 in windows 2003 server?

2. If not, how can i install in windows 2005 server?

Any information related to this will be helpful.

Thank you.

Regards

• 1. Re: Can I install adobe indesign CS 5.5 in Windows 2005 server?
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

There is no product called Adobe CS 5.5! There are five different versions of the Creative Suite 5.5 with different componenet software and thus, simply stating Adobe CS 5.5 generally won't get you any questions answered.

Having said that, none of the versions of the Creative Suite officially support and of the Windows Server products. You may be able to coerce the installers to install the software on such platforms and then get the component applications to run, but Adobe neither tested such usage nor does it support same. In other words, you are really totally on your own here.

The only Creative Suite application that explicitly does support any of the Windows Server platforms and in fact requires installation on Windows Server is InDesign Server!

Also, please note that there absolutely is not any such product from Microsoft as “Windows Server 2005.” There is Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, each with various editions, but there was no version with the 2005 moniker.

- Dov

• 2. Re: Can I install adobe indesign CS 5.5 in Windows 2005 server?
            nimazz Level 1

Hi Dov,

Thank you very much for the quick response and the clarification.

Nimaz