Light Strikes

markoss86 Level 1

Hi everyone,

This is light effect:

More Animation on 

http://www.msdesign.in.rs/

• 1. Re: Light Strikes
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are at least 3 lens flairs and 3 particle effects. All are probably on separate layers with the blend mode of each layer set to Add or screen. It's possible to put more than one lens flair or more than one particle effect on a layer but my usual technique is to separate them. These layers are all on top of the text and background layer.

In addition to that there may be a light streaks filter like Trapcode shine applied to a pre-comp of the lens flair layers.

The particle systems are generating 2 energy balls. To see various ways to create that effect do a Google search for After Effects energy ball tutorial.

The rest is is just simple position animation. Animate the position of the lens flair and the position of the particle producer.

Come to think of it you could achieve the lens flair effects with blurred white or light blue solids with the blend mode set to add. Several copies with several different mask shapes and blur levels and slightly different colors could be combined to create the flairs.

In short, this is a combination of 3 basic techniques applied to multiple layers. Most effects are. It's not often that you see something that catches your eye that's a single effect applied to a single layer.

• 2. Re: Light Strikes
            Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I believe this has been posted as a work demo, rather than a request for information...?

Markos, please advise your intent for this thread.  Are you just promoting your own site?

• 3. Re: Light Strikes
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you're right. Had 2 hours sleep last night. Don't you love working in post production????

• 4. Re: Light Strikes
                Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Lol, I know the feeling, Rick.  I've just finished for the day myself.  It's 3AM. 

• 5. Re: Light Strikes
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Markos,

You've been posting a lot here lately, and I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish. When I first saw your post, I thought the same thing that Rick did: that you wanted help learning how to create something like what you posted.

If you're thinking that posting here will get your work noticed by someone who will give you work, then I need to point out that this isn't a very good place for that. I'm not saying that you're not welcome to post links to your work here; I just don't think that there's much point if what you're going for is exposure.