2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 3:36 AM by BILL1909

Adobe reader X won't open on another computer

BILL1909

I have adobe reader X on two computeres on a network.On is running XP PRO and the other is running  Win sys 7.I can look from the xp pro desktop and open pdf files on the MS 7 laptop.My problem is when I look from the MS 7 laptop I can't open the pdf files on the xp pro desktop.I am told that --I'm not authorized--and can't open  the files. This problem is only happening in the last few months.I have older pdf files and those I can open.

• 1. Re: Adobe reader X won't open on another computer
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

I can look from the xp pro desktop and open pdf files on the MS 7 laptop.My problem is when I look from the MS 7 laptop I can't open the pdf files on the xp pro desktop.I am told that --I'm not authorized--and can't open  the files.

Could you please elaborate. I wasnt able to understand what you meant when you said "look from XP pro desktop". Did you mean accessing files over the shared network or something else.

Thanks

Ankit

• 2. Re: Adobe reader X won't open on another computer
            BILL1909 Level 1

When I am on the xp prp desktop I can open and save pdf files from the MS 7 laptop.When I am on the MS 7 laptop I can not open or save any newer pdf files that are on the desktop.I am not sure if this problem happen ever since I installed Abode X or not.Is there a switch  that ask permission in Abode X that can tell my desktop to let me open from another computer.Both computers are runniing same internet security program (NS),so that should not be a problem.