• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing coding from UTF-8 to ANSI

Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

in one project an older RoboHep version was in use until now that produced ANSI-coded HTML files (Latin-1 I think). The webhelp output was published on a server and everything worked fine. Now after upgrade to RoboHelp 9 the HTML files are coded with UTF-8 and the server application cannot display this correctly (particularly German umlauts are scrambled). Is there any way to change the coding used by RoboHelp? Are you aware of a script or tool that could be used to manually convert the Webhelp output back to ANSI (i.e. all HTML files in the subfolders of the output folder)?

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use LibIconv for that: http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/ Convert from UTF-8 to iso-8859-1. It's a command line tool, so you will need some kind of script to mass convert all your topics.

But can't you reconfigure the server application to work correctly with UTF-8? Otherwise you will need to convert all your output files every time you create an output.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The webhelp generation dialog allows you to change the encoding.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter: Nah, that's way too easy. Can't believe I missed that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah, that's way too easy. Can't believe I missed that

Yep that did the trick. It's a new feature and I did not notice it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp