2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 11:00 AM by xxromxx

Printing Issues

wiebket@fast-food-systems Level 1

Even though I have several printers installed I keep getting this error message "Before you can perform printer related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer". Does anybody know how to clear this error?

• 1. Re: Printing Issues
          rjbphoto1 Level 1

I'm having the same problem.

I can print one ddocument OK then if I want to print another I get the message "Before you can perform printer related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Photoshop and my printer drivers but all to no avail.

The only way I have been able to clear the error is to shut down Photoshop and restart it, most annoying when I want to print multiple documents.

• 2. Re: Printing Issues
            xxromxx Level 1

I have the same problem.

When I try to open the print dialog window (or just click the printer icon), I get the famous message "Before you perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer". The program doesn't see any printer (local, network or virtual) and nothing helps (installing new printer, deleting and installing existing printer, deleting and installing Adobe Reader, changing version of the Reader).

Some details: the problem started after udating Adobe Reader 9 to Adobe Reader X (now I have v. 10.1.1) on Windows 7HP. Interesting, that the problem appears only when Adobe Reader is started from another program (e.g. from webrowser or by double-clicking a pdf document in Windows Explorer); everything is ok when I start Adobe Reader first and then open pdf file. The problem is not related to pdf files (there are no problems with printing the same files from another notebook). Another interesting issue: I have no problems with printing from any other programs, except for one, which I use for accounting (which was afected by this problem also after upgrading Adobe Reader to version X).

Can anybody help?