2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 12:37 PM by miguel8312

how to overlap datagrid colums line with item renderer

miguel8312 Level 3

Hello guys I been stuck for a few days now and I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this.

I put an item renderer on a column of the datagrid. The renderer basically expands the column height and shows some controls.

Im using a border container as the container that is holding the items in the grid. However what I would like to do is make the border container as big as the grid with a plus sign button. and then basically hide that  rows vertical grid lines.gridImage.jpg

i tried setting the depth eventhought i understant this is not a spark grid i though it should work but it does not. Any tip or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel

• 1. Re: how to overlap datagrid colums line with item renderer
          miguel8312 Level 3

I think what i need is to use the advance datagrid however and expand the renderer across the entire row,  however  i dont want the little folder on the left hand side. is there a way to get rid of that? Anyone?

• 2. Re: how to overlap datagrid colums line with item renderer
            miguel8312 Level 3

ok i answered my own question. what i need to do is use the advance datagrid. Then set these properties.

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid defaultLeafIcon="{null}" 
                                     folderClosedIcon="{null}"
                                     folderOpenIcon="{null}"
                                     disclosureClosedIcon="@Embed(source='assets/plusSign.png')"
                                     disclosureOpenIcon="@Embed(source='assets/plusSign.png')">

Message was edited by: miguel8312