Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restoring a db without an existing odbc connection

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2006 Nov 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to restore a db as the first db in an application I have written. The app normally restores DBs as a way of automatically creating new sites, but if this is a new box and code determines the main manager DB doesn't exist, how does one restore a DB... without an existing ODBC to connect to the DB server through? I'm talking specifically about SQL Server on Win2003.

Any advice?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2006 Nov 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok. I gave up on trying to restore through code. Did it manually and have what I think is a working DB, but I cannot connect through CF

Connection verification failed for data source: NemoManager
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

Any ideas? Do I have to update Java or something? Sorry, I'm a little dense when it comes to server stuff and Java.

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise
MS SQL Server 2005
CF 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation