2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 7:26 PM by the_wine_snob

How to Upload and Share Individual Clips in Elements 9

Bob OK

Hello Everyone!

I am using Elements 9 and have created a 325+ MB movie when "shared" to a .mp4 file. That's too big for most downloads so I would like to break it into several more manageable scenes. I y divided the video into 5 scenes with "dissolve to black" between the scenes and would like to convert each one into separate .mp4 files with individual names, like scene 1, scene2, etc. HOW DO I DO THIS? or Can I do this or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance for you assistance...Bob OK...

• 1. Re: How to Upload and Share Individual Clips in Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Maybe you don't have to.

How long is your video? If it's under 10-15 minutes, it can likely be output as a file that will upload to a site like YouTube.

See, MP4 is not a set file format and size. The whole point of an MP4 is that it can be compressed into almost any size you need. There are full-resolution MP4s, MP4s for iPads and iPods, MP4s for YouTube, etc.

Which Share settings did you use?

The important thing is to start at the end and work your way back. Instead of creating an MP4 and then trying to load it to a site, decide where you want to load it and choose the optimized format and compression for that destination.

• 2. Re: How to Upload and Share Individual Clips in Elements 9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

If the size IS too large, then you will want to learn about, and use, the Work Area Bar (WAB). It will allow you to Share portions of the Timeline in most formats. Here is a general look at the WAB.

WAB_Info_01.jpg

It can be easily set with the placement of the CTI (Current Time Indicator) and Alt+[ (Bracket Open), and then Alt+] (Bracket Closed), for each "segment," that you wish to Export/Share.

Good luck

Hunt