5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2011 5:21 AM by BobLevine

Gradient Sliders

SIcsempertyrannis Level 1

Im trying to duplicate my gradient sliders the way that I do in Illustrator... by holding down and dragging on a slider with cmmnd-option-shift keys held-but it is not duping the slider. Is there a way to do this in Indesign? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Gradient Sliders
          Stix Hart Level 5

I don't know how Illustrator works but in InDesign you just click underneath the gradient and you get a new slider.  To get rid of it you just drag it to the side but confusingly it doesn't really get rid of it as you can drag it out again...

• 2. Re: Gradient Sliders
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Illy's gradient tools are a lot more sophisticated than those in ID.

"I don't know how Illustrator works but in InDesign you just click underneath the gradient and you get a new slider.  To get rid of it you just drag it to the side but confusingly it doesn't really get rid of it as you can drag it out again..."  To get rid of it you drag downwards. Dragging sideways just stacks it on top of or behind wahtever else is at the end.

• 3. Re: Gradient Sliders
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can continue to use Illy to create gradients and use those in InDesign.

Create the gradient in Illy and apply it to any object. Copy the object to the clipboard and paste it into InDesign. As if by magic the gradient will be added to the swatch panel.

Bob

• 4. Re: Gradient Sliders
                SIcsempertyrannis Level 1

Thank-U for the replies to my question, if Im understanding them correctly, I can not do what I was asking to do, directly in INDesign. Thanx 4 that handy tidbit Bob. I was not aware that it was possible to create the grade in Illy & copy to InDesign. But, I would sure like the option of just duping the darn things in InDesign.

• 5. Re: Gradient Sliders
                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, but that little trick is about the best I can do. Keep in mind you can paste multiple objects into ID so you can create any necessary gradients in Illy, apply them to objects and copy then all at once.

Bob