6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 1:17 PM by muhfisk

Open project hanging

muhfisk

Hi,

I have a AE project. I want to render it and tried to open it in Adobe Media Encoder 5.5. But the dialoge box just hangs after connecting to the dynamic link server. Then I tried to open the project again in AE, but it also hangs when trying to open it. Just 1% and AE stops responding. Can anyone help me out?

Screen Shot 2011-10-06 at 9.20.36 .png

Thank you

• 1. Re: Open project hanging
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Could be an issue with the media cache. Flush it from the relevant point in teh prefs, let it rebuild. also try to import your AE project into another empty project...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Open project hanging
            muhfisk Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I tried clearing cache and database in both AE and in the Media Encoder. Did not help...

When I try to import the project in an empty project, I get the same hanging dialogue box.

Screen Shot 2011-10-06 at 10.37.03 .png

Any other ideas?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Open project hanging

You could try to open the project with capslock on. this will prevent rendering of the comp and any thumbnails in teh project window. That being so, it may also avoid issues from a plug-in/ effect you used in one of your comps. It may still crash when you release capslock again, though, but at least you could find out where the problem might be and remove offending effects....

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Open project hanging
                muhfisk Level 1

Hi again,

I have now tried that, and that didn't change anything. It still just hangs

Thank you for your interest - have you got any other suggestions? Otherwise I will have to start the project over again..

Could it be effects or files that makes this happen? I have imported projects from Premiere and also imported som mp3's

Thanks,

Jens

• 5. Re: Open project hanging

Impossible to tell without haviung the project. Could well be data corruption in a third-party plug-in due to a bug. E.g. the initial releaser of The Foundry's camera tracker plug-in was known for this. Other than that I really think something is preventing AE from opening your source footage files, but this could have a million reasons nad in fact involve a lot of external things liek graphics drivers or CoDecs...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Open project hanging
                    muhfisk Level 1

I decided to do it all again. I tried checking with media converter during the proces. At some point, about where I add mp3 and/or blur, the same problem occurs.

I deciede to make the thing in premiere, importing bits from AE, instead og large compositions. Now I finaly got it working.

Thank you for your time..

Jens