Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

supported ebook ?

Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bought a ereader from china - I am told it suports epub & pdf formats & adobe drm - how will I know if it is going to work with adobe digital editions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions handles EPUBs and PDFs wrapped in Adobe DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

so do I take it as long as my ereader can deal with epub or pdf with or with out drm then it should be able to read it !, as the make is not listed in the supported devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

provides a list of the devices that Adobe thinks will work with Digital Editions and their DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

what if my device is not listed in the list of supported devices, does that mean it would not work, or that they do not know as it has not been tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it is possible that it may work, it most likely will not.  Adobe updates that list regularly whenever they certify new devices/apps, which is supposed to be a requirement prioir to releasing the devices.

Most likley the device is not using RMSdk to view the epub/PDFs and so it is not compatible with the Adobe DRM, and you will need to stick to non DRM ePubs and PDFs on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines