3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2011 11:48 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Pro CS5.5 Titler Crashing on start up

realimagesvideo

I am having a recent issue with titler. Premiere Pro CS5.5's titler is crashing constantly when opened. I can not open any previous projects that involve the titler or have titles in it. Last night I was finishing up a project (of course) that has titles in it. This morning when I tried to open the project, I got the BLUE SCREEN of death. I rebooted and was able to open premiere pro cs5.5 but it didn't show any of the previous recent projects. It was as though everything got reset including my preferences. I tried to open my project that has the titles in it and premiere pro cs5.5 crashes immediately. I then try just opening a blank project and everything is fine. While in this blank project, opening the titler causes an immediate crash.

Now, I still have premiere pro cs5 on the computer so I go and open a blank project in cs5 and everything is fine. I try opening the titler in cs5 and everything is fine. I try opening in cs5 my cs5.5 project that has the titles and that works. It opens and functions as it should.  But of course it is a real pain because my linked cs5.5 after effect sequences are not backward compatible. I reinstalled premiere pro cs5.5 and tried everything (above) again but met with the same results. I have the latest windows and Quadro 3800 Nvida updates. I have been editing on this system for nearly a year with cs5 and about 3 months with cs5.5 (production premium)

Computer spec:

Desk top i7 2.8gHz

Qudro 3800 with latest drives

Window 7 professional last drivers

24 gig of ram

7terabites of hard drive space.