1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 4:52 AM by SJ_FR

loadWSDL and HTTP 401 on AIR/Windows

SJ_FR

Hi,

I have a little problem on a software i'm working on: we are developing a Flex/AIR client.

For now, we're focused on the AIR version. This client sends requests to webservices deployed on a JBoss and protected by JAAS, simple basic auth.

This works fine: the client can't access the webservices without correct credentials, but here is the problem: when the credentials are wrong, i got a popup prompt to retype the credential.

This one is out of the application, coming from windows (the title is Windows Security and this is the same thing i get in Internet Explorer), and kind of ugly.

This only happens on the loadWSDL call (which is the first access to the server), despite this method is called on a Webservice object, this seems to be actually a HTTPService and i cannot catch the error with a listener on Webservice object.

What i would like to get is to catch the HTTP 401 return and display a nice flex popup, and not to get the IE ugly one.

Does someone have already encountered this problem or does someone have a little clue about how to deal with it?

Thank you very much by advance,

SJ.