5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 5:51 PM by the_wine_snob

White background

scott_mo Level 1

Hi there.

I'd like to fade to white and create a title sequence on a white background. How do I switch to white, or better yet insert a color to act as a background to build titles upon? The project was already completed but the producer wanted a white backgraound instead of a black one. It would be great to slide a white on under my already created title sequence and re-export. *Thanks*

• 1. Re: White background
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This would be easiest done by adding a White Matte, of the necessary Duration, and just add a Cross-Dissolve between your last Clip and the White Matte.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - when you go to create your Title, the first thing that you want to do is to change the Text color from white.

• 2. Re: White background
            scott_mo Level 1

Worked like a charm. I just didn't know what it was called. *Thanks*

• 3. Re: White background
              the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

Not knowing the exact term for something, does make it a bit more difficult to use the Help Files.Guess that it's just my age, but I always was more able to answer my questions, in the days of printed manuals.

Also, if one is coming from another NLE program, there can be some terminology confusion.

Usually, when one comes here, someone will know the answer, and can also share the PrPro terminology.

Best of all is that you got what you wanted and needed.

In the imortal words of Eddie Lotter, "Happy Editing!"

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: White background
                scott_mo Level 1

I know what you mean. I'm making a shift from FCP and tripping a long the way here and there.  I'm learning a bit of photoshop and After FX in tandum. With all three programs working together so well the possibilities are endless. I don't know why I didn't move sooner.

• 5. Re: White background
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I don't know why I didn't move sooner.

We're just glad that you did!

One plus is that much of the terminology translates between those programs, however, as they have different roles, and also different development paths, there are some terms, that do not translate. One that comes to mind immediately is Layers from PS vs Tracks in PrPro. Another is Filters in PS vs Effects in PrPro. Many of us here can rather "read between the lines," and sort out what a poster is speaking of, with but a few simple questions.

You have undertaken a task, but in the end, every moment spent with each program will pay dividends.

If you have not poked around this Sub-Forum, I would spend an hour, looking at the tutorials, articles and examples.There is a lot of great material there, and especially coming from FCP, some things might be made easier.

Good luck,

Hunt