1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 7:49 PM by MichaelKazlow

Creating a Macro with Adobe Acrobat X v.10.0.0 HELP!

razbearr

Hello,

I am new to Adobe and was wondering if there is a way to create a macro for my situation.

I am recording voting decisions from a pdf into an excel spreadsheet. I need to go through multiple pdf files and find the pages where votes have taken place. The picture below shows a vote circled in red.

I then need record the following information:

1) The number of 'yes' votes and the number of 'no' notes

2) The names of the people who voted yes and the names of the people who voted no

3) The pdf page number of the vote

I would like to compile of the information in an excel file if possible for later use in statistics software (spss).

There are hundreds of individual votes I need to record and would love it if someone can help guide me in creating a macro for tedious project.

Thank you!!

example.png

• 1. Re: Creating a Macro with Adobe Acrobat X v.10.0.0 HELP!
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

With Reader no. This is the Reader forum. If you have a properly designed form, you can collect the data from the forms and export the data into a spreadsheet. The best way to do this is to host the form on the web. If you wish forms information returned by email, you will be limited to the number of responses you can process if you have them return the entire form. But if you have them return and fdf or xfdf there is no limit to the number of responses you will be allowed to process.