3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 11:58 PM by masao suda

Reader X doesn't parse deadline of Shared Review

masao suda

One of our client is using Acrobat 8.3(Windows), and initiated Shared Review from it.

He also specified the deadline of PDF file,  but when I verified this PDF from Reader X, there was no deadline.

* Environment

WebDAV Server : Apache 2.2.3 (mod_dav, mod_dav_fs) on CentOS 5.6

Acrobat : 8.3(JP)  <= initiated from this.

Acrobat Reader : 10.1.1(JP)

I verified when PDF was initiated from Acrobat 9, Reader X showed the deadline correctly,

So I compared XML files.

-- generated by Acrobat 9(Win) --

<generator>Acrobat SOAP 9.0</generator>

<m:versionInfo>9</m:versionInfo>

-- generated by Acrobat 8.3(Win) --

<generator>Acrobat SOAP 8.0</generator>

There is no "m:versionInfo" element.

*Both of them has the "m:deadline" element correctly.

Then I updated (add <m:versionInfo>9</m:versionInfo> ) the XML file which was generated by Acrobat 8.3,

and I reload PDF file, then deadline was displayed correctly.

When xml doesn't have "<m:versionInfo>9</m:versionInfo>" element, Reader X doesn't parse deadline element.

Is this a spec.?

• 1. Re: Reader X doesn't parse deadline of Shared Review
          masao suda Level 1

Also, when the value of "m:versionInfo" element is 8, Reader X seems to not parse deadline.

If this value is 9 or 10, Reader X display the deadline correctly.

• 2. Re: Reader X doesn't parse deadline of Shared Review
            AbhilashaSr Level 2

Hi,

In Acrobat 8 deadline is a kind of guideline and can only be used to inform the reviewer to finish the review by a certain date. It will not stop the reviewer from participating in the review. This is the reason you get a no deadline when you try to use this value in versions 9 and 10. However in Acrobat 9 &10 this value adds a restriction and reviewer cannot participate in the review if the deadline has expired. Do let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Abhilasha

• 3. Re: Reader X doesn't parse deadline of Shared Review
              masao suda Level 1

Thanks for your fast reply.

In Acrobat 8 deadline is a kind of guideline and can only be used to inform the reviewer to finish the review by a certain date. It will not stop the reviewer from participating in the review. This is the reason you get a no deadline when you try to use this value in versions 9 and 10. However in Acrobat 9 &10 this value adds a restriction and reviewer cannot participate in the review if the deadline has expired. Do let me know if you need any more information.

Ok, I understood.

I will explain this issue, and propose to use the newer version of Acrobat to my client.