4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 7:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Video freeze

Billyd59

I am using Premiere Elements 4 and when I go to edit a movie the video freeze. The audio still plays but the picture doesn't. I am using a HP dv7 laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Intel i5 CPU with Nvidia Geforce 105M Graphics 6 Gig of ram. I try Installing Premiere on my Windows xp 32 BIT computer and everything works ok the video Is ok. Anything else you need write back???

• 1. Re: Video freeze
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your computer?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? If your project settings perfectly match your source video, there should not be a red line above the video on your timeline until you add effects to it. Is that the case in your project?

• 2. Re: Video freeze
            Billyd59 Level 1

I am using a Canon Optura 60 camcoder with firewire cable.I just uses the default setting that comes up when you click new project.

• 3. Re: Video freeze
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Go to Edit/Project Settings (the settings will be grayed-out) and ensure that your project is set up for DV 720x480 or, if you are using PAL video, 720x576.

Have you checked to see if there is a red line above the clips as you add them to your timeline?

Your camcorder should easily work with the program, assuming you used Premiere Elements to capture the video. Did you?

EDIT:

One possible issue. Version 4 was designed for Vista. It may have problems on Windows 7 64-bit. Have you considered upgrading to version 10?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Video freeze
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's suggestions, I would also look over this ARTICLE, and especially the initial checklist for hangs and crashes. Do not overlook the video driver update.

Good luck,

Hunt