• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No u with ChangeStyles script installed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a very odd bug after installing the ChangeStyles script mentioned in the latest Technical Communication blog post.

With the script installed, I cannot type a lowercase letter u in FrameMaker. I can type an uppercase U, but not lowercase. I don't think it's my keyboard, because the problem started immediately after installing the script and no other applications are affected. After I removed the script, the problem is gone.

I hope this gets fixed - this script would be useful.

Regards

Keith

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.

On first glance I don’t see that a keyboard shortcut is assigned to the new menu command, so it is mysterious.

The sample files provided are saved from FrameMaker 11.

The script contains no error checking if you don’t select any format. And it does not remember the last selection. I guess this means there is an opportunity to improve the solution…

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I have updated the samples files to FM10 version.

Thanks for pointing out the missing keyboard shortcut argument in the script,This bug is fixed now. Also regarding the Error Checking, we have ensured that no unwanted changes will happen to the file, in addition to that the user can add further checks.

Kindly download the files now from(https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/10/extendscript-of-the-week-change-styles-parachartable.html) and try running them.

Thanks,

Bharat Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bharat,

Your fixes show two things:

The global command DefineCommand is not listed in the ExtendScript documentation (nor in the OMV) but only mentioned with the command DefineAndAddCommand. It seems it should have an entry on its own. Also, DefineAndAddCommand is not listed in the OMV as a method for Menu objects.

The fourth paramater for the keyboard shortcut is listed as required, but apparenatly there was no error message. Will this be fixed either to make the parameter optional with a useful default value or to have the ExtendScript engine alert us?

Thanks,

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bharat.

That seems to have fixed the problem I was having with the letter u.

Regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ChangeStyles2 download does fix the lower-case u problem. However, ChangeStyles2 still conflicts with the Book Report script.

Also, the ChangeFormat script (similar to ChangeStyle) still has the lower-case u problem *and* conflicts with the Book Report script.

I think both ChangeStyles and ChangeFormat need some pretty serious debugging. They're clearly not safe to run. It's a pity, because they would be useful, but they're clearly buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bharat,

I am having the same problem typing lowercase u after installing your ChangeFormats script that we discussed earlier. Uninstalling the ChangeFormat script also fixed the problem.Could some common code be causing the same problem for users of either script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bharat,

It seems like approximately 10 months since activity on this issue. What is the status?

I see the same symptom here.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines