• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All video plays at half speed since updating to Flash Player 11

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any video I try to play in either Firefox 7 or Chrome 14 plays at half speed for both video and audio.  I've tried hardware acceleration both on and off.  I've uninstalled Flash Player 11 and redownloaded Flash Player 10 and it does the same thing (rebooting between installs).  It used to work fine, up until the new 11 player came out.  I've also tried clearing the application data within the Flash Player advanced settings.

This is on my netbook with Windows XP.  It's an Atom N270 1.6ghz, but it worked on Flash Player 10 fine.

Is there some sort of keyboard shortcut that controls playback speed that I might have somehow accidentally changed?  I don't know how that setting would be maintained across multiple uninstallations, if that's the case.

Any help you could provide would be great.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zaebra,

Can you specify which particular video resulted in how slow (fps?) in FP11 comparing to one with FP 10 data? The point is for other folks (including me) to experience exact same thing with you. I can not see what you said above. Please help me (us) to understand your problem.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same behavior on all Flash videos on all sites.  Youtube, Google Video, Break.. any of them.  I don't know how to get an accurate frame rate for you, unfortunately, but just by looking at the time counter it appears to be going somewhere between one third and one half normal speed.  The audio is also slowed down.  The slowdown is the same for version 10 and 11, with no apparent difference between them.

Other Flash content doesn't appear to be affected, such as games, as they play normally.  Also, I can save the .flv video to my system and watch it with Media Player Classic just fine, so I know the .flv videos themselves aren't the issue.

I've also tried deleting any file, folder, and registry entry for Flash and Shockwave and then reinstalling Flash Player 11, but it still does the exact same thing.  I'm out of ideas, and I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows just to fix a software issue with Flash Player.

Thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the video info you were asking about.  this is what is says:

640x360, 496 average kbps, 100% volume

HTTP 0 kbps

10 stage fps, 12 video fps, 12 dropped, 0 kbps

software video rendering, software video decoding

The "stage fps" number blips to 24 frequently and the "video fps" hovers around 12.  I have hardware acceleration enabled in the settings, but it doesn't seem to render in the GPU.  Since this is an Atom N270, I don't imagine software decoding and rendering is sufficient, so perhaps the problem is that it won't use the GPU?  I don't know how to force that, other than the setting in Flash Player.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now uninstalled and downloaded the latest K-Lite codec pack, as well as the latest graphics drivers for my Intel 945 Express chipset, with no effect.  The problem occurs any time I try to play an .flv file, even on my desktop using Media Player Classic.  I am able to play all other video and audio file formats normally.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed.  My audio drivers were corrupted somehow.  I replaced them and now all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zaebra,

Thank you for reporting back your solution. There are sveral sotries that Flash Player is in trouble with some audio driver state. If you don't mind, can you tell more about what your audio driver is and how you fixed the issue? I appreciate your help in advance!

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem: All video and audio files play at very slow frame rates in any media player after updating from Flash Player 10.x to Flash Player 11.x on Acer Aspire One AOD250 netbook PC running Windows XP Home SP3.

Resolution: Download and install the most recent audio chipset drivers from Acer's web site and then reboot.

Drivers page for Acer Aspire One AOD250: http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1113

Note:  All video and audio drivers were up to date at the time Flash Player 11 was installed, so it appears that the installation of Flash Player 11 corrupted the existing audio drivers.  No software anti-virus or firewall programs are installed, other than Windows Firewall.  Flash Player 11 was updated via Firefox 7.0.1.

If you need any further details, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines