3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 1:27 PM by libflashplayer.so

Damaged Installer for Mac OS X Lion

cdt95

I have tried numerous times to install Adobe Flash Player (versions 10.3.183.5 & 11.0.1.152) on Mac OS X Lion.  Every time the installer proceeds to approximately 5% completion, then fails with the following message:

The installation failed.  Get support.

From searching other threads I found the recommendation to run the uninstaller package, then download and re-run the latest installer package.  The uninstaller package runs fine, but the installer fails again.  Another thread recommends to control-click the Install Adobe Flash Player Application, then Show Package Contents, then open the Contents/Resources folder to find the Adobe Flash Player package.  When I try to run this package I receive the follwoing error message:

The Installer is damaged.  The Installer can't open the package.  There may be a problem with file ownership or permissions.

I have tried downloading the installer different times from both the Adobe website and download.cnet.com with no success.  This is a factory install of Lion and I have installed several other applications on this Mac with no problems.  I have installed JRE and ensured that that the Flash Player plugins are not currently installed in my Internet Plugins folder of my Library and the core Library.  I have installed Google Chrome and flash runs fine with it's flash player plugin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.