2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 1:48 PM by Scadger

Cannot complete form using Adobe Reader - Mac OS X 10.6.8

Scadger

I have been using Adobe Reader to complete forms for my Bank for more than 9 months without any problems.  I'm using Adobe Reader 10.1.1 for Mac.  I recently upgraded my OS from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8 and this is the first time I've tried to use Adobe Reader since the upgrade. Today when I opened my form using Adobe Reader I cannot select and type in any of the text fields.  Trying to click inside a text box simply seems to 'select' the entire page. 

I checked online but could not find any compatibility issues.  I'm hoping that I've overlooked something very simple that I should have done but have no idea what that could be.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me what my problem might be.

Cheers

Tricia

• 1. Re: Cannot complete form using Adobe Reader - Mac OS X 10.6.8
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Are you facing this issue while opening forms in the browser? If so, could you please check and post back what is the version of Safari that you are using.

Thanks

Ankit

• 2. Re: Cannot complete form using Adobe Reader - Mac OS X 10.6.8
            Scadger Level 1

Thanks for responding Ankit.  No, I saved the form to a folder on my desktop and I open it using the Adobe Reader app.  It has always worked without a problem before.  I checked my husband's iMac (which has the same saved form on his Desktop).  He is also running OS X 10.6.8.  On his machine it opened without a hitch so I used his computer to fill in the form and print it out.  Obviously, if it works on his computer and he's also using 10.6.8 it's not related to the upgrade.

I trashed my copy of Adobe Reader and have re-downloaded the app.  Will install it and see whether it now works or if the problem persists.  Will post back the results.'

Cheers
            Tricia