8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 7:10 AM by jfb00

Migrating to 4.1

jfb00 Level 3

Hi All,

I found this link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/migrating-dashboard-part1.html

My project is using flex builder 4 with sdk 3.5, I export the project to zip file. Now I want to import this zip file and use SDK 4.1.

It imports fine but I don't get the option to select the new sdk after finish importing. Any ideas why?

Do I need to set some option in FB4 to enable this?

Thanks

Johnny

• 1. Re: Migrating to 4.1
          Amy Blankenship Level 4

Sometimes this happens when your project files are corrupt (or FB thinks they are).  Delete all the files that define the project (their names will start with a ".", like the extension is the file name), then just create the project from the files and folder structure.

• 2. Re: Migrating to 4.1
            jfb00 Level 3

Thanks for you reply and help Amy,

When I try that at the time of import the project I got this error:  "The folder does not contain a valid Flash Builder Project."

What I did was delete those files in the folder that will have my new project with SDK 4.1.

Any ideas?

Regards

Johnny

• 3. Re: Migrating to 4.1
              Amy Blankenship Level 4

This sounds like you are still trying to import your old project rather than create a new project based on the folder structure.

• 4. Re: Migrating to 4.1
                jfb00 Level 3

Hi Amy,

Right, but I can create a new project using sdk 3.5, copy folders. Here I have repair the project, correct?

Then export to zip and reimport using sdk 4.1.??

Or do you want me to create a new project using 4.1, copy folders?

Thanks

Johnny

• 5. Re: Migrating to 4.1
                  Amy Blankenship Level 4

You said importing didn't work and resulted in a situation where you couldn't change the SDK.  Therefore, don't import the project.

Try this:

1. Open FB 4. 
                  2. Create a new project with the same name as the mxml file in your old project. 
                  3. Close FB 4. 
                  4. Use the file browser native to whatever OS you're using and open your FB 3 project. 
                  5. Copy its src folder.
                  6. Go to the FB 4 project, and paste in the src folder, overwriting the new MXML it made for you.
                  7. Open the project in FB 4.
                  8. Change the SDK.
                  • 6. Re: Migrating to 4.1
                    jfb00 Level 3

Ok AMy,

I got it now. One more question, this process will migrate my code to use sdk 4.1 or I have to do this manually.

I tought the import will do this for me, or not?

FYI, I have my project using the same FB4 but with sdk 3.5.

Thanks again,

Johnny

• 7. Re: Migrating to 4.1
                      Amy Blankenship Level 4

If your project didn't wind up with SDK 4 just through creating it from 4, you will need to change the SDK.  You'll probably need to set it to be Halo compatible, as well, because you'll get errors if it tries to use spark only.

• 8. Re: Migrating to 4.1
                        jfb00 Level 3

Ok Amy,

Maybe my question should be different from the begining: How to migrata app using FB4 3.5 sdk to FB4 using new sdk 4.1?

Thanks for you help, i will try again.

Rgds

Johnny