0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 6:57 AM by Hawkcode

Noob needs help - PDF Fails to display - Only black screen

Hawkcode

Hi,

I am new to FB. I was tasked with finishing up an desktop application that someone else started. They were using FB 3.

I got the trial of FB 4.5 and imported the project. Then started the process of learning FB. I am working on a Mac.

I got the UI fixed and a few bugs. Then exported a release build. Ran it on windows all seemed fine except for display a few PDFs.

The PDFs all display fine on my Mac, just not on Windows. I searched all over for some clue as to what is happening. I even tried installing the latest Adobe Reader, still no change,

The code that displays the PDFs couldn't be more simple:

<mx:HTML x="10" y="10" width="100%" height="100%" location="appen/c5awwa.pdf" borderStyle="none"/>

The Parent is:

<mx:Canvas label="AWWA Standard" width="100%" height="100%" borderStyle="none">

And whos parent is:

<mx:TabNavigator width="100%" height="100%" borderStyle="none">

The top level, 2nd line in files is:

<mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"  width="100%" height="100%"   xmlns:local="*">

So the order is:

<mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"  width="100%" height="100%"   xmlns:local="*">    

<mx:TabNavigator width="100%" height="100%" borderStyle="none">

<mx:Canvas label="AWWA Standard" width="100%" height="100%" borderStyle="none">

<mx:HTML x="10" y="10" width="100%" height="100%" location="appen/c5awwa.pdf" borderStyle="none"/>

I did notice that the canvas should not be used in favor of a BorderContainer or a Group.

Since being totally new to this, I figured I'd get it working before I tried to chage the containers. I looked at doing that but didn't have the time to figure it out as I have a deadline, the 14th.

We plan on buying this as we want to turn the app into a mobile app also.

If it means anything her is the apps declaration (not sure that's what its called, the 1st line:

<mx:WindowedApplication xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"

xmlns:local="*"

width="916" height="850"

backgroundColor="#EAEEF1" borderColor="#FDFDFD"

creationComplete="init()" horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off" layout="absolute"

>

If anybode has a clue, please point me in the right direction.