2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 4:04 AM by Owain North

Error establishing socket to host and port: XXXXXXXX:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect

webhead_1 Level 1

I have recently move to a new 2003 WIN server running IIS 6.0. Last night the Coldfusion server crashed and when I was checking the c:\Coldfusion\runtime\logs I came across the following error.

10/11 18:32:01 Error [jrpp-9620] - Error Executing Database Query.Timed out trying to establish connection The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\website_directory\index.cfm, line: 838

SQLException while attempting to connect: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: database name:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: xxxxxxxx:1433. Reason: Connection timed out: connect

java.lang.RuntimeException: Request timed out waiting for an available thread to run. You may want to consider increasing the number of active threads in the thread pool.

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$Throttle.enter(ThreadPool.java:116)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:425)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)

at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

A non-SQL error occurred while requesting a connection from sitename.

Timed out trying to establish connection

Would increading the Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests from 10 to 20 resolve the issue? This is the first time I have seen this..