6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2011 10:47 AM by kingquattro

Module Interface error

kingquattro Level 1

Hey guys,

I am having trouble passing data between main app and module created in different project.  In my Flash Builder I have two projects 1. main app and 2. a login module.  I have an interface in login module that I want to use to communicate between module and app. 

My question is it even possible?  Any example I found so far have modules and app in the same FB project, so main app can just import inteface using

[code] import com.module.interface.InterfaceName[/code]

But in my case I can't use the statement above.  How can I communicate using inteface between app and module or module and module when each are their individual projects.  I want to avoid any hard dependencies if possible.

So far I have been following this example, is there another example that someone can point me too..

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:FMjA68PSKZwJ:blogs.adobe.com/flexdoc/files/flexd oc/pdfs/modular.pdf+modular+flex+application&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShh7Ah6t9s0YKAF zcjrGxSXKH94w8dKBBZmpJUOjIcblgzUZj3WA0fcxU6-hkgXgshUZjLhG5vDZbYSBgRZ7PtRnKuHyZ58xG5Zz4Pfk_ RyynN8mbDoq-10AM0BxqVqlrccGwB4&sig=AHIEtbSqpF3ejhzd6P6VBqLgd6GTGXFVLg

or

blogs.adobe.com/flexdoc/files/flexdoc/pdfs/modular.pdf

Jay

• 1. Re: Module Interface error
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Why can’t you use the import statement?  Point the source-path to the other project (or build a library project to do it “correctly”)

• 2. Re: Module Interface error
            kingquattro Level 1

Hi harUI, can walk me through how to build a library project?  I don't know what you are asking me to do here.

Here is what I have in FB 4.5

MainApp (project 1)

Login (project 2)

I have configured this to produce output in /MainApp/assets/modules

No html is produced

Is there anything else I need to do?

In my MainApp I have

<mx:ModuleLoader id="loginMod" url="assets/modules/User.swf" ready="applyUserModSettings(event)"/>

and applyUserModSettings looks as follows.

private function applyUserModSettings(event:ModuleEvent):void{

var ichild:* = loginMod.child as IUserInterface;

if (loginMod.child != null){

ichild.setServiceEndPoint = _util.endpoint;

}

}

Here IUserInterface is interface class in Login project com.modules.IModuleInterface

Jay

• 3. Re: Module Interface error

Create a Flex Library project.  Put the interface class in the source for that project.  Set Project References to that library project from the two other projects.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Module Interface error
                kingquattro Level 1

Hey harUI,

This would mean that for every module I want to create I will have to create 2 projects.  Is this the only way, other than creating all modules under mainapp?

• 5. Re: Module Interface error

I hope all of your modules have something in common, otherwise you are going to have to manage a ton of interfaces and you don’t have as good an abstraction boundary.  If you can define a few interfaces that all modules respond to, then all those interfaces would go in the shared library.

• 6. Re: Module Interface error
                    kingquattro Level 1

Hey harUI,

Yes that exactly what I though off later at night.  I can keep all my interfaces under one library and share that lib across all modules.  Thanks for you help on this.

Jay