5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2011 7:33 AM by ~graffiti

Changing PDS to JPEG or ?

Charo2

I have documents I created on my old laptop and then put on a flash drive. I now have Windows 7 and when I go to access these documents off the flash drive I get the message "Adobe Reader could not open i.e."nameofdocument.PDS" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). How do I either change PDS's to something I can access such as Rich Text or JPEG's or ? I'm sure it is obvious I am not very tech savvy! HELP!

• 1. Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That depends.

Did you mean that the file names end in .PDS or did you mean to say they end in .PDF? Makes a huge difference.

• 2. Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?

If they DO in fact end with .PDF then something to try would be, download them off of the flash drive and on to your computer, open Adobe Reader then use File>Open and see if that works. If you get the same message then there's a very good possibility that the file have been corrupted and are no good.

If the end with .PDS then, that's a video file made from a specific software. You would need that software to open them.

• 3. Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?
              Charo2 Level 1

They do indeed end in PDS. What software would I need? I actually have several files that transfered into PDS. Why would they do this do you think? Thanks sooo much for this help.

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:51:56 -0600

To: charopo2@msn.com

Subject: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?

Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?

created by ~graffiti in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion

If they DO in fact end with .PDF then something to try would be, download them off of the flash drive and on to your computer, open Adobe Reader then use File>Open and see if that works. If you get the same message then there's a very good possibility that the file have been corrupted and are no good. If the end with .PDS then, that's a video file made from a specific software. You would need that software to open them.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3968040#3968040

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3968040#3968040. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Reader by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 4. Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?
                pwillener Level 8

It seems that your PDS files are incorrectly associated with Adobe Reader.

What program did you use on your old computer to open these files?

• 5. Re: Changing PDS to JPEG or ?

Charo2 wrote:

They do indeed end in PDS. What software would I need?

It looks like there are a couple of choices depending on what they are.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5938403_open-pds-file.html