4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 12:54 AM by pete at home

Premiere Elements 8

pete at home Level 1

Hi All

I new to all this so please be gentle with me!!

I just installed Premiere Elmements 8 & the only way to open the program is with the content dvd in the drive is this normal??

When i first inserted the content dvd i had to install loads of stuff or so i thought!

as i said please be gentle!!!

Thanks

Pete

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. The content disc should be installed after you've installed the program. But you should not need to have it in the drive once it's been installed and the program has been registered.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8
            pete at home Level 1

This is what Ive done!

Instatted Premier Elements

Installed the content dvd

register my product with Adobe  (had to enter reg number)

rebooted PC

When i double click the icon on the desktop I get the splash screen Organize/New project/Open Project

click on the New project tab the splashscreen disappears

click the Organze & the Organizer opens up!

Just tried it with the dvd in the drive & it will not open at all now??

Edit Ive just run CCleaner rebooted & now it works?

Cheers

Pete

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Pete

You say "now it works". I do not want to mess with a good thing, but consider....

First thing, with the program closed...download and install the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

If you can get into the Premiere Elements 9 workspace, you could also download and install this update via the program's Help Menu/Updates.

You will not see a 8.0.1 designation after the update is installed. You will have to be content with a message telling you that the installation was successful. That is the way it is.

Two of the major grabbers of computer resources are the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features. The successful installation of the 8.0.1 Update will shut off the automatic Background Rendering. You can double check that by going to Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General and noting whether the background option is checked or unchecked. In the Premiere Elements workspace, click on the Organizer Tab in the row below the active Organize header to open the Elements Organizer. In the Elements Organizer workspace, go to the Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options and turn them all off. To get back to the Premiere Elements workspace from the Elements Organizer workspace, in the Elements Organizer workspace, go to the File Menu/Exit.

See how that goes..another thing that might help is to bypass the Welcome Screen in the opening in the program. To do that, right click the Premiere Elements 8 desktop icon, select Properties, Find Target. That should take you to the Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.exe file. Right next to that file is the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file. Create a shortcut to that on the desktop and use that thereafter to open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8
                pete at home Level 1

Thank for the reply!

I did update it & noticed it said the Background Rendering was turned off!

all seems fine now! thanks for you advice, all i have to do now is figure out how to use it ?? LOL

Cheers

Pete