6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 7:38 AM by BobLevine

No valid PPD files were found. Check the PPD4 directory in USENGLSH

dmcdermott64

Hello everyone,

Looking for a little help on my problem.  I have a employee that is using Pagemaker 7.0.2 with XP.  He has been using it for a few years now without any problems and now for no certain reason, when he goes to print something he received this error "Output may not looks as expected.  No valid PPD files were found.  Check the PPD4 directory in USENGLSH.  8317:5810".  When you click okay, there is no "PPD pop-up menu" to select any PPDs for the printers he is using.

I have uninstalled PM, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled PM. - No help...

I have ensured that the PPDs installed from another computer that works fine are located in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\PageMaker 7.0\RSRC\USENGLSH\PPD4" directory - No help...

I have given the user "full control" on PageMaker 7.0 directory - No help...

I have tried installing a specific printer and with it's specific PPD in that folder - No help...

I am also looking at upgrading to InDesign for him, however this will take a little while (you just don't buy something overnight when you work for a public school district).

Thanks for your assistance,

Dave McD