8 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 11:16 PM by Snipelus

Flex Mobile - Display image full screen and swipe to next image

VivD

How does one implement an image gallery similar say an Android or iPhone image gallery. I'm new to Flex so any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Here's what I am trying to do:-

1. I fetch thumbnail images from a site through an API

2. I then display them in a tiled layout.

3. When user taps on an image I fetch the full resolution image and display it in full screen. So far so good.

The problems start now...

4. I want the user to be able to swipe to bing up the next image or previous image in the gallery. I could call the API (API only allows bringing in high resolution images one at a time) to fetch the next image on GESTURE_SWIPE event and refresh the view to display it but the user experience isn't all that great that way as the user has to wait a bit for every single image.

So I tried to create a horizontally layed out list but faced 2 problems(I just harcoded an arraycollection of images. Getting the actual data into the array is a separate problem):-

1. I have not been able to display the image full screen once I place it in a list.

2. I just harcoded the resolution and managed to show it full screen but swiping causes the list to keep going. It does not stop at the next image. Is there a setting to stop that behaviour?

I've been stuck at this point for 2 days and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere so I'm hoping i'll get some help/direction here.

Thanks.