1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2011 10:30 PM by Ankit_Jain

Error 1327 Invalid drive k:\

Axonrus

I noticed that my installation of Adobe Reader 9.4.5 was asking to upgrade itself and when ever i clicked ok on the upgrade option i keep getting an error 1327 Invalid drive k:\ message.  My machine does not have a K drive.  I tried uninstalling the reader and it came up with the same error.  I ran the windows installer cleanup utility and tried to remove reader.  It seemed to work, but when i try to install the latest version of reader, i get the same error message.  Now i dont have any version of reader that works on my machine and i cannot get it to install.  Any ideas?  How do i manually uninstall reader?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Error 1327 Invalid drive k:\
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please check the value of the registry entries at the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

In case the values for any of the entries (i.e. Common AppData, Common Desktop, Common Documents etc.) is referencing to K:\, change the value back to look something like below and you should be good to go.

Reg_Entries.JPG

Hope this helps

Ankit