4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2011 6:58 PM by Ned Murphy

No script or output errors....

darling67 Level 1

... but when I test my movie, my navigation buttons flash rapidly and make their "clicking sound" over and over and over.....

Could this be a "layers" issue? My navigation buttons reside on a "global content" layer which sits below a "sections content" layer..... and there IS content above these buttons on that layer.

I'd try re-arranging the layers and testing the movie, but I am not at home right now... and I was curious to see what some of you might think before I got back home tonight.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: No script or output errors....
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Timeline structure won't have any effect on a file running improperly (At least I hope not - would be odd news).  Do you have a stop(); command in the timeline to keep it from looping?  What versionof Actionscript are you using?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No script or output errors....
            darling67 Level 1

Hi, Ned.

I am using AS3. As for a stop(); command, I have one in there somewhere... but not in a spot that would effect my nav buttons (as far as I know... I'll check). I borrowed some buttons script from another file that uses buttons the exact same was as I need these new ones to.

So, layer order won't effect anything? I seem to remember that if there was anything on top of a button (in a higher layer), the button would be effected adversely.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: No script or output errors....
              darling67 Level 1

Well.... problem was that I had buttons called "movie clips" in my Properties.

Funny how you can figure things out when you're desperate!

Thanks for replying and trying to help!

• 4. Re: No script or output errors....
                Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're welcome - when I was younger I found it easier to solve things if I distracted myself for awhile - as in step away and involve myself in something else... the thought process doesn't end, but without it staring you in the face, sometimes the less obvious aspects come to the forefront.