10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2011 9:41 AM by peterpica

Lion & CS5

peterpica Level 1

Any word on when Adobe (or Apple) will issue updates to eliminate CS5 problems with Lion? I had to go back to 10.6 but really like some of the new features in Lion.

• 1. Re: Lion & CS5
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The idea of CS5 being patched with CS5.5 having been released is not something I’d hold a great deal of hope for.

That said, what problems are you referring to? No every problem is an Adobe issue. There have already been two Lion updates.

Bob

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lion & CS5
            peterpica Level 1

Thanks for update on Lion updates Bob...

I'll give it a whirl again.

I was having problems #1 with OA stability in InD (maybe something else going on?)

More importantly, some of my plugins weren't functional w/PS CS5. I've got a lot of toys so I'm probably creating the issues myself.

Will try reinstalling Lion & updating per your post.

THANKS!

• 3. Re: Lion & CS5
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

OA stability? What's that. I'm not having any problems with InDesign CS5 or 5.5 on Lion.

• 4. Re: Lion & CS5
                peterpica Level 1
                • 5. Re: Lion & CS5
                  peterpica Level 1

Tried Lion again and again CS5 is giving me fits.

OK with InDesign (so far); Acro Pro 9, PS & Illy refused to run. I uninstalled Acro 9 per instructions from software and reinstalled. Now it's telling me I cannot use the product at this time. Repair the problem (which I did using their repair utlity and reinstalled; got same error message again. Tole me to contact support (who's unavailable) (130:9)

I then tried to resintall PS & Ily from original CS5 Cd. Now I'm getting a message "Installation to case-sensitive drives is not supported. Please choose a different drive....

WTF? In order to install Lion I had to reformat my HD as extended with journalling and case sensitive. It wouldn't allow me ANY other option. Now Adobe's telling me it won't work.

I'm about to give up with both Apple & Adobe on this problem... whew! Talk about confusing an older and rapidly aging user.

• 6. Re: Lion & CS5

I think you have an issue with Lion more than CS5. No CS product will work on a case sensitive file system.

Bob

• 7. Re: Lion & CS5
                      peterpica Level 1

Thanks again Bob... BUT... InDesign's CS5 is working fine, even with all outside plugins...

• 8. Re: Lion & CS5
                        peterpica Level 1

Lo again Bob.

You were right about 'issues' not with CS5... however, they were not with Lion, the issues were with yours truly.

Did a complete clean OS Lion install on a newly formatted drive, then clean CS5 install and voila.

Thanks again for your pointers; they've kept this old man in the game after many years of floundering around.

• 9. Re: Lion & CS5

Just further proof that it’s best to do it right the first time.

Clean installs take longer and are a PITA, but at the end of the day you save a boatload of time.

Bob

• 10. Re: Lion & CS5
                            peterpica Level 1

OK, OK, don't rub it in.

My problem today is that I can't remember how I'd done it the 1st time!