4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2011 8:35 AM by Zesty Orange

Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion 10.7.2 any better?

Zesty Orange

I've been holding off on mixing the two because of the complaints I've heard here of crashing issues with Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion. Has anyone with these crashing issues found 10.7.2 to solve the problems you were experiencing? I'd like to move up, but until I hear some positive reports it would seem pointless.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion 10.7.2 any better?
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

Zesty Orange wrote:

I've been holding off on mixing the two because of the complaints I've heard here of crashing issues with Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion. Has anyone with these crashing issues found 10.7.2 to solve the problems you were experiencing? I'd like to move up, but until I hear some positive reports it would seem pointless.

Thanks

Have you already bought both of these versions?  I use Windows XP and have installed both versions on my system (5.5 is the trial version).  I don't have any such problems like you describe so it must be unique to Apple Mac.  Unfortunately, we don't have Steve Jobs so it is unlikely this problem, if it exists, to be resolved!  You will have to struggle unless you decide to migrate to WINTEL

Please keep us posted if you have found the solution to this mega problem.

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion 10.7.2 any better?
            Zesty Orange Level 1

>so it must be unique to Apple Mac.

I think my topic and post made that quite clear. This has nothing to do with Windows.

• 3. Re: Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion 10.7.2 any better?
              Ben M Adobe Community Professional

I've been using 5.5 since Lion's launch day.  I haven't had a crash yet.  Only problem I had was the Lion upgrade caused a corruption in the corruption in the keychain so I thought DW was deleting my passwords, but it was Lion.  After I deleted and re-entered the keychain it works fine.  Also some people have had problems when using the migration assistant with Adobe CS5.5 and the programs failing to launch if the application was brought over in that manner.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Dw 5 and 5.5 on Lion 10.7.2 any better?
                Zesty Orange Level 1

I never use the migration assistant and always do a clean install, then one by one install and setup my apps. Your message gives me hope that the only issues are with the ones who brought forward all their old problems into the new OS. Thanks for the input, it really helps.