11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 10:13 PM by Nohjekim

How do I delete and stop online storage?

Nohjekim Level 1

Hi

For the last day or so PE9 has been running terrible.

I finally gave up and went back to PE8 and it isn't running right either.

Then I noticed that it said that my online back up was full.

I have never intentionally used online backup but I'm pretty sure that what ever it is doing is why they are both running so bad.

I don't want to store my stuff online and I can't find out how to stop it from doing what it's doing and delete what's there.

It only took about 12 files to fill it up anyway.

Not ever a whole video.

I clicked on the manage your online storage and removed all the stuff but I didn't know if I should click the remove items from hard drive button.

I don't want the stuff removed from my hard drive, it they are talking about their hard drive then OK.

When I restarted the program it still said it was full.

So I'm guessing I have to say remove it from the hard drive but I don't want to risk my files until I know what I'm doing.

Both of these programs have always run fine on my computer.

I must have selected something to start this, now I just want it to stop.

It used to ask me to log in, now it's doing it on it's own.

Any help welcome.

Mike

• 1. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
          Nohjekim Level 1

Hi again.

It is now showing that the files have been removed so all I need to konw it how do I turn it off?

Mike

• 2. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In the Elements Organizer, go to the Edit menu and open Preferences.

On the Online Backup page, uncheck all of the options to stop all online backup.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
              Nohjekim Level 1

Hi Steve

I'll do that.

I don't know how it get started, but something strange happened to both my PEs.

I finally figured out that both of them had been switched to Highest Quality Playback, which was causing all kinds of lagging.  Maybe they defaulted to this when I recently reinstalled them.

I just did a complete system rebuild starting from my basic Window restore disk.

I know I didn't change PE8 when I went back to it because 9 wasn't working right.

Anyway once a set them back to automatic they both work normally and I've avoided the backup by not logging in.

I'm assuming that all of this happened when I reinstalled so I'll turn off the back up and every thing is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

• 4. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
                Nohjekim Level 1

Hi

Well I hate to sound like a dork but I can't find the edit drop down  in the organizer and I can't find the Online Backup options in the edit drop down in PE9s main screen.

The organizer doesn't have any of the normal File, Edit, View buttons.

Mike

• 5. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?

I'm not sure what to tell you, Nohjekim. The Preferences are located under the Edit menu (located on the Menu Bar along the top of the program). On a Mac, of course, these Preferences are located under the name of the program, at the top left of the interface (the Mac standard location).

In some interfaces, the Edit menu us found by clicking on one of the > (arrows) located to the right of the Photoshop Elements menu in the upper left of the interface.

• 6. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
                    Nohjekim Level 1

Hi Steve

This is what my organizer window looks like.

I do have an Edit Menu in the Premiere Elements main window but I don't see any options related to Online Backup.

Well for now I'll just make sure I don't log in, that stops it from doing anything.

Organizer Clip.JPG

Preferences.JPG

I'll keep looking it has to be someplace. LOL

Mike

• 7. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
                      Nohjekim Level 1

Hi again.

I've dug through a dozen posts about online backup and all of them refer to changing setting that I can't fine in Premiere Elements 9.

Most say to turn off backup synchronization.

But I don't have any options like that in my preferences.

As long as I keep it from logging me in, it doesn't do it so I'll have to stick with that, but I really seems that there should be a stright forward way to just say that you do or don't want to use the Online Backup feature!

Whats wrong with having an option to just say "Use Online Back Up" or "Don't Use Online Backup"?

Mike

• 8. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?

If you look very closely at the top part of the interface for your Elements Organizer, you'll see a little >>.

Click on this and you'll see all of your menu options -- including Edit/Preferences.

• 9. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
                          nealeh Level 5

The items you are looking for should be under the Edit> Preferences in the Elements Organizer (your first screen shot) - NOT in Premiere Elements itself (your second screen shot).

But the confusing point is that your Organizer menus are not showing !!!

2.png

I've had this myself in the past and I think it is caused either when you apply a too large a custom font size in the Window Color and Appearance dialog;

3.png

Or when you have selected a too large DPI size (or too large a custom DPI in Display properties;

4.png

If you can recall doing something like that I suggest you reset them and your menus should reappear.

For a quick workaround if you look at the following image closely you can see to the left of my red pointer arrow a '>>' symbol. If you click that '>>' all the Organizer menus will reappear as one large menu tree.

2.png

Whichever method you choose to fix the issue, the menu option you are looking for is as shown here:

1.png

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale
                          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 10. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?

Excellent illustrations, Neale!

• 11. Re: How do I delete and stop online storage?
                              Nohjekim Level 1

Hi, and thanks for then information.

I do have my default type size in Windows set at 135%.

I've used it at that size since Windows 95.

It causes my some problems in Poser 8 and 9 too, in the animation palette all the listed items overlap slightly.

But I'm 73 years old, even with my computer glasses it helps to have the type bigger.

Thanks again, I'll temporarily set it at 100%.

Mike

Thanks guy, that did it.

I could see my options and got to what I needed.