Expand my Community achievements bar.

ORA-06553: PLS-553: character set name is not recognized

Level 2

Hi,

I used to use my server without any problems, and suddenly when I tried to login into the workspace and also the adminui the following error appears:

2011-10-15 11:17:13,564 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.config.AdobePreferenceFactory] UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 33240770] Problem with system rootcom.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemExceptionorigin: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreFactory] errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:initialization failurecom.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBConnection] errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:table exists failure chainedException:java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
chainedExceptionMessage:ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
chainedException trace:java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated

at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:173)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1030)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:194)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:785)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:860)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1186)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3381)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3425)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1490)

any help????

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Could some database administrative event changed the database character defined for the Oracle instance?

That error is often associated with Unicode not being properly defined for the database. The Oracle database for LiveCycle ES must have the Database Character Set Unicode AL32UTF8 and the National Character Set AL16UTF16 (Unicode UTF-16 universal character set).

Steve