Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody know where this is coming from?

Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

icon.png

RH9, RH9 server

I keep getting this as the adress bar icon  in my WebHelp Pro server output even though I have specified a 16 x 16 pixel *.ico as the favicon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Hi there

Just a really wild guess here, but perhaps because RH9 Server runs on "Tomcat". it's the default icon supplied by Tomcat?

Perhaps google a bit for Tomcat Favicon

Here is one link: Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just a really wild guess here, but perhaps because RH9 Server runs on "Tomcat". it's the default icon supplied by Tomcat?

Perhaps google a bit for Tomcat Favicon

Here is one link: Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be right.

I guess I need some guidance in getting the favicon I want to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ā€œHelpā€ in RH9 just says:

ā€œSpecify an icon to associate with the Help system. The icon appears in the browser tab.ā€

It does not say anything about the specifications for the files or where it needs to be located, or in what file to look to see whether it has been properly incorporated into the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

In most cases it would simply be sufficient to specify the icon in the Single Source Layout recipe. Your situation is a bit different and I believe the underlying cause is that RoboHelp Server is running on Tomcat. For some reason Tomcat seems to be insisting on its own icon. My hope was that you would be able to use Google to figure out how to suppress this icon so other favicons could be used.

Likely your server admins will have to either delete the favicon where it is stored or alter some other obscure Tomcat setting so that it will then allow your desired favicons to appear.

Any way you slice it up, it's really not a RoboHelp issue. It's a Tomcat issue. (Yeah, I know, The RoboHelp Server runs on Tomcat so the waters are murky in this situation) Hopefully John or Colum or an Adobe developer will chime in here to advise further.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick is correct. This is the Tomcat Favicon. It is located in your Tomcat install directory. For example at our site it is at:

c:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\root\favicon.ico

I don't know if you can subsitute the favicon as I haven't tried it. If you try it I suggest you create another favicon but rename it to favicon.ico at the above location. Take a backup if the original first though, just in case.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp