11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2011 4:14 PM by Ann Bens

PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings

Chris Nierop Level 1

After many problems, from which not all are resolved, a new phenomena occurs.

When I edit an audio timeline and set "breakpoints" and set the red audio-line in the new position, and I give an "enter" to start playing, the programm automatically, on his own,  tranfers the last given "breakpoint" to another position, and sometimes edits an new point on the same position.

The position of the audio- line changes accordendly.

I have to correct this and then this correction stays.

Strange, but I am used to strange effects occuring in PPRO 5.5 as I mentioned in earlier forumnotes.

Anyone any suggestions why this happened?

Chris

• 1. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
          lasvideo Level 4

In order for anyone to help you more infor needed. Like audio type (mono/stereo), sequence settings, clip properties, etc.

• 2. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

Not sure about what you are seeing, but when you say:

I give an "enter" to start playing

Enter/Return is used for Rendering the Timeline. For playback, you want either the Spacebar, or the controls on the Program Monitor.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
              Chris Nierop Level 1

Bill

Auww, you are right, I ment the spacebar.

So when I have placed the "breakpoints"on the red audioline and changed the audioline as I woud have it, f.i. to decrease or increase the level, then, when I try to play the result using the spacebar, the last given breakpoint on the red audioline moves to another place on the timeline (about 1 to 2 cm away from the orginal settiing, random placed) , and the audioline between both breakpoints changes accordenly.This happens not all the time, but so once in a while.

I have to restore the setting and then when I play the audio it is OK.

The signal is a stereo, it is a straight foreward 16:9 AVI clip, audio 48kHz , 16 bit  (musical show of about 1h.10 min. ), computersettings as described by Harm Millaard, 4 disks used for  the project settings and schratch disk settings.

Chris

• 4. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                Chris Nierop Level 1

Just an update of the problem.

After a close look during my project editing,  the following occurs. After placing keyframes on the audio timeline and playing the clip, I stop playing using the bar, the curser stops and the same time at the place the curser stops there are two new keyframes automatically placed, and the last placed keyframe before playing has dissapeard.

This I have to correct, and sometimes after correction the same thing happend after playing, but mostly the correction stays.

Strange that the programm acts without  I do anything on that matter.

But, with alle the problems I have using the new PPRO 5.5 maybe there is one course that causes all the problems. What it is I don't know. If there are othetrs with the same experiances let me know.

Chris

• 5. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

This IS odd. I am not used to PrPro doing much of anything, unless I give it input. I also do not recall similar, but could well have missed another's post on it.

Hope that others here have some ideas for you, am I am totally puzzled. I am rather out of ideas, even for where to begin looking, other than maybe what the Sends setting for that Track is in Audio Mixer. Also, are these Clip Keyframes, or Track Keyframes?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                    Chris Nierop Level 1

Bill

Thanks, we all are bit of disapointed of the way PPRO functioned on my system and many have give some help and advise which I implemented.

Untill now the program works with lots of irritating issues. I have to live with it I suppose unless someone give the magic formula . The only big thing which is of important to work is the item "transport to tape", which don't work, despite all the given suggestions.

I had a few responses from (Dutch)  people who have the same problem, and can't solve it also. This bug must be repaired by Adobe.  I already did mentioned it on the Adobe web as a bug. Hopefully they will listen and give an update, at least for this problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Best regards

Chris

• 7. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                      Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

which red audio line are you referring to.

I am on a Dutch OS and have no trouble editing dv audio.

• 8. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                        Chris Nierop Level 1

Ann

I refer to the audio on the audiotracks. With the keyframes I set the audiolevels. The problem is that this problem is not known and as far as I see only gives problems on my (specific develloped for Adobe PPRO 5.5) system, as there are 10 minor problems during editing of which I had discussions on this forum.

It looks I have a "spooky" system.

regards

Chris

Amsterdam

• 9. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings

Do you have a seperate audio card in your machine?

• 10. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings
                            Chris Nierop Level 1

No, audio on motherboard, specs are given in my profile.

Adobe people did search my machine to look at configuration, possible problems and settings and found everything OK.

The only thing that differs from the Adobe system suggestions  is an second videocard to drive an third monitor. This card is from the same branche as the main videocard as suggested by people on the forum and set only to drive the 3 monitor. It looks that the hardware and the settings are OK. That's why the "experts" are out of suggestions what goes wrong. I did reinstall all programms, cleaned the (new build) system and so on.

But the problems stay.

Regards

Chris

• 11. Re: PPRo starts to insert on his own audio settings

Then i am out of ideas also.